Training Day for Catechists/Clergy
July 21, 2018
“Finding God: Adaptive Faith Formation For Special Needs”
Presentation by Luci Holloway, Consultant for Loyola Press
Our Sunday Visitor and the Westerman Foundation have granted the Diocese of Tyler Special Needs Ministry $10,000 to use for formation. We are purchasing 2 additional kits to be given away at this training session to deserving parishes who are providing for these families. This will put the total up to 16 parishes with kits.
Presider: Reverend Denzil Vithanage
Saturday: August 4 @ 10:00 AM
Our Lady of Victory Church, 3300 Clarksville St. Paris Texas
- All families with children or adults with special needs are welcome.
- Modified liturgy will be celebrated to accommodate these needs
- All parishes are asked to send a representative so they can see how to model this liturgy in their parish.
- Special dispensation from your Sunday obligation for this weekend will be granted to those who attend.
- January 27 is the feast day of St. Angela Merici. She has been designated patroness of those with special needs for the Diocese of Tyler. Please include intercessory prayers on that day for these families.
Monsignor Gerald A. Priest was ordained to the priesthood on June 1, 1968! Congratulations Father!
Today is also the 33rd anniversary of Bishop Joseph Strickland’s ordination (June 1, 1985).
The diocese of Tyler is grateful for the priesthood of these two great men.
Dear Friends of St. John Paul the Great Catholic Campus Ministry,
Fr. Charles Vreeland is very happy to announce the hiring of Shannon DeCraene as Business Manager and Coordinator of Outreach for St. John Paul the Great Catholic Campus Ministry. Shannon is a native of the Diocese of Tyler, as she resides in Larue, TX. Shannon is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Commercial Art. Shannon has a history of leadership with thirty four years of experience in creative development and team management, mentoring, managing resources, developing process improvements, and creatively solving challenges. Her expertise with non-profit outreach ministry and volunteers will be vital to the growth and vitality of our Campus Ministry. With her passion for serving God and the Catholic Church, Shannon is going to be an outstanding asset to St. John Paul the Great Catholic Campus Ministry.