March 21, 2019 -- The Diocese of Tyler is seeking qualified applicants for an Administrative Assistant in the Secretariat for Stewardship and Development. Information on the position and how to apply is below.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Tyler, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours Per Week: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday
Start Date: April 15, 2019, or sooner
Salary: $13.00 per hour
Department: Secretariat for Stewardship and Development
Reports to: Secretary (Mark Henry)
Contacts: Development Office, Diocesan Management, Clergy and Lay Parish Staff, Public
Required Application Materials:
Purpose of Position:
Provides responsible and complex secretarial and clerical skills and the use of initiative and judgment to relieve an administrator of many routine and administrative matters.
- Assemble related material for use by supervisors and answer routine inquiries. Interview callers, make and cancel appointments, and answer questions.
- Maintain databases for the development office. Prepare correspondence, articles, reports, and specifications.
- Keep complex clerical records and prepare reports from a variety of material.
- Graphic design work to create newsletters, brochures, and other media.
- Assist in the conduct of development events and other development office functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- College degree.
- Proficiency using computers and office software packages.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a field closely related to the specific endeavor of the department.
- Fundraising/development office experience.
- Standard office conditions.
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
- Availability to occasionally work on nights and weekends (limited).